Monday, April 6, 2009

The weekend that wasn’t

I had a great plan for this weekend. We were supposedly about to go to Pondicherry representing Oracle for Paintball competition. I thought I would start my tourist meter once again which is currently stuck at around 1400 KM for last one and half month and 15K km on road, which I had promised myself at the advent of this year, seems quite elusive. I thought I would again have pleasure of 3 Bs simultaneously after a long time.3 B is basically a concept which I had cofounded with my friend when we were enroute to Goa for the first time .It basically stands for Beaches…Beers…and Babes (in GOA you can call it Bikinis). This sub-concept is again derived from another base-concept, which I had cofounded with another friend while I was working in Kolkata supposedly called 3Ws(namely Wine…Women…and Wealth). Nevertheless the plan was not to be. Perhaps we didn’t have any ‘tryst with destiny’ this time. We were not selected and I spent the whole of weekend with my very own 1B i.e. Bed. I tried to spend some quality with one and only B I am left with this weekend and I must say I had a blast. I had my laptop (yes official one) and some books for my company. So at the end of this weekend I am down with these many stuffs/experiences not necessary in chronological manner

Movies: I had a huge backlog of movies for last few weeks and I was just about to crumble under enormous pressure of finishing those. So I am glad I close some of it. These were the movies that I destined upon this weekend essentially in chronological order: Pyasa-Turistas-Good Luck Chuck-The sum of all Fears-The Devil wears Prada-School of Rock-Hostel-Ghazini.

Books and Magazine: I finished last two weeks Outlook predominately ‘on net in bed’, finished about 100 pages of Joseph’s Heller Catch-22, started Richard Bach’s Illusions (found it enormously boring so fall asleep after 10 minutes), picked ‘Direct from Dell’ and finished its timeline and preface. Apart from this I had my regular encounters with Times of India and Hindu on a daily basis for last two days again ‘on net in bed’.

Calorie Consumption: During all this period of hard work I didn’t wanted to get tired so I make myself had a constant supply of eatables and I over-indulged myself by having too much food of non-vegetarian variety essentially fish and chicken. Apart from this I had a constant supply of Port-Wine to keep myself hydrated throughout this weekend. Some say it’s my new addiction but isn’t wine is called ‘Elixir of life’.

Sports and Leisure: Probably the only active thing I did this weekend was to get up early on Saturday morning and went to play cricket. It was really very very hot and slowly global warming was beginning to sink in under my skin. I went for batting as an opener thinking I will atleast make myself stay in wicket for 7-8 overs but that was not to be. I couldn’t touch a single ball and got caught behind in my third ball. I have a feeling that somehow sporting genes in my body are fast getting diminished and my illustrious (yeah..I want to say so) sporting career is going to be finish soon. I left the field early after fielding for 10 overs under scorching sun and went straight for swimming.I had a very good time there (very is added to underline the feeling when you have three beautiful gals also swimming in the same pool).

In all I would say I had a gala time this weekend even if I couldn’t go to Pondicherry.But only destiny knows how long will it take for me to again bring down my tourist meter and must I say I am already filling fuel for that moment.Am I getting restless because of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment