Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rambling along in life-II

Finally I have got some respite from my busy schedule to jot down some of the ramblings that are happening around my life since last few weeks. Before you start making some assumptions, I would like clear the air by putting every bit of blame to a TV series called ‘PrisonBreak’. I am currently stuck in the middle of 4th season and I am forced to take a break, as my laptop’s damn cdrom drive is not functioning any more. I always believed thriller books are any day better then the movies that are made on it. If you think you have seen it all by watching Matt Damon playing Jason Bourne in Bourne Trilogy, you are completely wrong. Robert Ludlum’s Books brings the shiver down the spine with exquisite thrill and suspense that is quite unmatchable as compared to the movie. But I truly believe PrisonBreak is very different and it captivates and engages audience attention to it like anything. The moment you feel some part is getting a bit stretched something happens which again will engross you as before. I am pretty much sure by this weekend I will be able to finish it and give myself some much needed sleep that I have been deprived of since last few days.

Last weekend I had a unique priviledge of watching exceptionally talented actors like Rajat Kapoor, Vinay Pathak, Ranvir Shorey, Sheeba Chadha, Konkona Sen Sharma and Munish Bhardawaj performing in a play called 'A Blue Mug' in Rangashankara.The theme of the play was related to 'memory' and how we make an impression of things of a world around as the world imprints (itself) upon our minds and how we carry these images with us,remembering some and forgetting others and deals with the theme of how a person is the sum total of all his memories.All the characters in the play were amazing but Sheeba Chadha,Vinay Pathak and Ranvir were simply outstanding.Vinay Pathak with his unique style and humourous lines completely steals the show.

Well right from childhood perhaps one of my most favored thing was Cricket.Back in high school I was absolute crazy about the game. I just could not recall missing any matches that India played during those days. But now I have started feeling my following for cricket has immensely decreased. I did not watch even a single ball of recent India-West Indies matches, even if I know, matches are being telecasted. I am not sure what is the reason of this, perhaps age is slowly holding me up or could be a lackluster show that India is putting up in recent matches or could be absence of Sachin from Indian team currently. I would like to believe this phase is passed over soon and cricket fan in me again wakes up especially at the advent of Ashes, which is starting next week.

Last but certainly not the least,King of Pop, Michael Jackson passed away on June 25, 2009.While growing up in a remote town in Chhindwara district of MP, I wasn’t privileged enough to have come close to much of western music. Michael Jackson’s singles were perhaps the first and only one I heard when I was in school those days. His distinctive style of songs and dance completely captivated me. He was undoubtedly the biggest superstar for this generation. I could only imagine John Lennon and Elvis Presley ahead in the list of all time most popular Music legends. Now that he is gone, we only have his music to live by on. Here I am playing one of my favorite MJ single called ‘Heal the World’.



Long Live MJ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment