Thursday, June 4, 2009

Meter Down !

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” - Saint Augustine

Finally the long awaited time has come. My ‘Travel Meter’ has been stuck at 1400KM since last two-three months and thanks to my last week Tirupati trip it went on to cross 2000 Km but certainly 15K Km on road, which was one of my new year resolution this year seems very far away. Nevertheless I have fuelled it again while I embark on my second tour to Nilgiris with my office colleagues tomorrow.

 There is something about displacement that simply amazes me (Don’t read too much between the lines). Of all the things I fear in life, Monotonicity perhaps will be on top. People say ‘patience is a virtue’ but somehow it doesn’t boils down well with me. After all you have only one life to live. Last few months has been the longest duration I haven’t went for traveling since I came to Bangalore three years ago. During this time I have lost count of how many trip plans I have made and let go. Right from evening beach stroll in Gokarna to Cycle-ride in Hampi to Snorkling at Lakshwadeep to Pubbing at Pattaya has come in my mind and has gone away. But thankfully the wait is finally over. I have been to Ooty before but I didn’t have a second thought for re-visiting the place. There is nothing much coming to my mind currently perhaps I am too  overwhelmed by our Ooty sojourn this weekend. All I want is to jot down few lines from Steppenwolf’s classic “Born to be Wild”.

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space 

Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die


Born to be wild
Born to be wild

No comments:

Post a Comment